Tuesday, August 23, 2011

WEEK 2 of school!  Annnnd go!

And we are off on the second week of school...there is still SO much to do!  Last Wednesday we started cross country practice, which added another heaping portion to my already full "first-year" plate.

I have a few minutes before I am headed back to school to work and wanted to give everyone a quick update :)

School is fabulous.  I love all of my kids.  They are super sweet and respectful, and while they do have their moments, I could not have asked for better classes.  Another surprise when I arrived in Liberal was that I would be teaching mostly current events.  Although I was originally told U.S. History, those of you who know me well know that current events is my first love--especially during election season!  Because I only see my kiddos every other day (we are on a rotating block schedule), I still have not jumped into the content.  The end of this week will be my first few lessons on actual Social Studies material...that's why I am headed back to school here in a few.

I am getting settled in at home too (pictures of the apartment to come soon!).  I spend more time at school, but I am committed to taking back my life after I get a jump start over Labor Day....

Alright, I am headed out!  I miss all of you Minnesotans and really do want to catch up soon.  Skype me or facebook me or leave comments here.  LOVE LOVE from Kansas!

3 comments:

  1. SO glad your students are good! Rachael is having a tough time transitioning to "real school" and wishes she could go back to preschool :) Let me know when you get the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive outlook - wonderful wonderful - I know how hard you have been working - stay strong - it's sooooo worth it cause the alternative is going back to Primrose - um not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really loving reading about your life! I am so glad that you are able to be involved in so many things that you love. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete